Monday, December 31, 2007

Plans for the New Year

I've been thinking recently about what I could do to improve my advancement in Judo and Aikido in the coming year. For those of you who remember me trying to start a club at UCF, I've officially been told that no clubs can have non-student members due to a liability issue that occurred earlier this year. That said, I started looking around and on the Aikido front I found a dojo quite near my apartment that's called Shoshin Aikido and they're linked to the Aikikai. I've spoken with the Sensei their and I'm going to visit after my trip back to Mississippi. It should definitely be a learning experience going to a more traditional dojo. As far as Judo goes, all I can think of is to volunteer at the local YMCA and practice with Andy when we can. If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to send them.

No comments: