Thursday, August 30, 2007

An Unexpected Call...

I'm at work the other day talking to three people at once when my phone rings and it's a number from Texas. Nothing too surprising except I don't know anyone from Texas. It turns out to be the head of our Judo and Aikido organization. There were so many questions I wanted to ask but I restrained myself especially since I'm not even a Shodan yet and asking a few basic questions might come off as inappropriate. Well it turns out he just called to say my handwriting sucks (I sent off my yearly dues and rank fees almost a month ago). On an unrelated note...we now have a UCF staff sponsor for the Judo/Aikido club on UCF (Robert Reedy) so finally we can get the paperwork back underway.

6 comments:

Patrick Parker said...

Ha! that sounds familiar. my handwriting sucks so bad - that's why i type things that I send in...

John Wood said...

Good tip...one I could've used BEFORE sending in my stuff to Karl. You've seen my handwriting, you're supposed to warn me of things like that.

Scott Zrubek said...

You've been tagged with Pat's Promote Three Meme.

uchi deshi said...

Pat tagged me with his Promote Three Meme and, as part of the requirements, I'm tagging you as well. I always enjoy reading your various blog, and hearing from you.

The Nerd-storian! said...

Well aren't you popular.

John Wood said...

I still can't believe I received a call from the head of the organization just to tell me my handwriting sucks.